Tuesday, January 11, 2011

No Choice But to Be Amazing

I have no choice but to BE amazing. That's the conclusion I've come to as I battle breast cancer. Everyone has been so supportive of me; everyone has been telling me how amazing I am - to be so brave, to be so strong, to be so resilient. Thank you, thank you, thank you! But really, I literally have NO CHOICE other than to be amazing! I have to be brave... for Alyssa, for Dennis, for me. I have to be strong... for Alyssa, for Dennis, for me. And I have to be resilient... for Alyssa, for Dennis, for me.

Little did I know when the 2010 holiday season came around that I would be facing the biggest challenge of my life. And here I am - in the thick of it. How have I been dealing with it? How do I plan to deal with it? I will write about it. I will express how I feel. I will chronicle the ups and downs of this battle - this battle that I consider to be already WON because that's where I want to be, that's where I am. A good friend, and a fellow survivor said to me, it's like climbing a mountain: it's tough as hell to get up to the peak, and along the way there will seem like moments when you don't think you can go on, but then you push just a little bit more and are rewarded with the most beautiful sight for all your trouble. And what do you have to look forward to afterward? The amazingly wonderful and easy trip back down.

I hope you'll follow me on my trip up to Mt. Amazing. Thank you in advance for reaching out a helping hand; for cheering me on; and for standing at the top waving to me, reminding me how beautiful the view is up there!

1 comment: