Sunday, February 6, 2011

More of the Same

That's what my doctor said on Thursday right after my nurse was done pushing the drugs through my system - more of the same. Glad to hear it. She meant, of course, that I would probably experience the same side-effects I did last time. She also said I was a fabulous patient - exercising, eating right, staying upbeat and positive. What she didn't warn me about was this: I caught a cold. So, little ol' cocky me thought that I was immune to catching the cold that everyone in the house has... of course, I wasn't going to catch it! My bone marrow has been making white blood cells like crazy. Of course, I caught it. And truth be told, my side effects from the chemo are more of the same, it's the cold that's giving me a hard time. I'm stuffy, congested, my brain's fuzzy and I'm tired.

On top of all this, I've no desire to eat fish. Except for tuna - for some reason. I love the smell of coffee, and citrus is my best friend. If I didn't know better I'd think I was pregnant (which I'm not), but it's like take two all over again! Well, more of the same is not so bad. I just want to be over this darn cold. More of the same is better than worse. And for that I'm grateful. A cold is a cold. I've handled that before and I can handle it again. Right? Yeah, despite my fuzzy brain and congested sinuses, I'm grateful for more of the same. Just no more colds in the house, ok?!

No comments:

Post a Comment